Students at The King’s Academy excel academically. Here are just a few statistics about TKA:
- Average of 95% of graduates attend college
- Average GPA for seniors over the last 5 years is 3.46
- Average of 61% of seniors over the last 5 years have received scholarships
- Average of 27% of the graduates in the last 5 years received honors diplomas
- TKA graduates have attended prestigious institutions around the country. Click here for a list of the colleges and universities students selected in the last 5 years.
The King’s Academy Academy is a college preparatory school whose focus is to provide a quality Christian education that will enable our students to be successful in their collegiate studies. From the kindergarten curriculum to the Advanced Placement and dual enrollment courses high school students take to earn college credit, everything about TKA is designed to prepare students for further study. We recognize that each student is someone of importance – with a God-designed mission in life, and we offer a variety of courses to meet students’ needs and interests. The King’s Academy academic plan immerses students into an atmosphere where they discover and engage their talents in fine arts, language, athletics, and other disciplines. The well-rounded academy student who develops academically, emotionally, physically, socially, and spiritually is well prepared for the challenge of a university experience.
The King’s Academy academic regimen is rigorous, but also accommodating. TKA offers many options for students and their families:
- The Learning Center at TKA offers educational therapy to help students strengthen cognitive and perceptual skills under the auspices of the National Institute of Learning Development.
- TKA offers an ESL program to strengthen the reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills of students who speak English as a second language.
- Teachers are available from 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. four afternoons each week to answer students’ questions and work with students in a small group setting.
- The King’s Academy Homeschool Umbrella Program provides academic counsel and support to parents who wish to teach their children at home.
- TKA offers several levels of courses for high school students as they can take college prep, honors, AP, and dual enrollment courses.
- TKA students regularly compete with students and teams from much larger schools, performing well in academic and fine arts competitions.
Academic Awards & Special Honors
The academy believes in recognizing student achievement. Many opportunities throughout the year are taken to recognize individuals and groups for their accomplishments. The highlight of this effort is the annual Honors and Awards Day program at the end of the school year. Parents are invited to join the TKA family in celebrating student effort and accomplishment. Please view our complete guide to TKA’s Academic Awards and Special honors here.
Academic Policies, Course of Study & Graduation Requirements
The King’s Academy curriculum is designed to not only prepare the student for college, but also to prepare them for a life of service in Christ. For a complete guide to courses of study, graduation requirements, and class descriptions, please view our academic policies here.
Grades are a reflection of students’ performance in their courses. TKA offers college prep, honors, AP, and dual enrollment courses to ensure all students are challenged to grow in an environment in which they can be successful. For a complete guide to TKA’s Grading Policies please view our online Student Handbook here.