Upper School Division
The King’s Academy upper school prioritizes student success and celebrates the partnership among students, teachers, and families to ensure students are prepared to excel in their collegiate studies and future careers.
- Faculty members are committed to serving the unique needs of each student, and TKA highlights the diversity within our student body.
- Campus events and programs are designed to showcase students’ diverse cultures, interests, and abilities.
- Small classes provide opportunities for students to develop lasting relationships with their instructors and their peers, and faculty members are eager to mentor students as they strive for academic, spiritual, and personal goals.
- Providing a quality Christian education for each of our students is the focus at The King’s Academy.
Academic programs are designed to establish a foundation on which students will build throughout their lives. Students are encouraged to work with the Guidance Counselor to choose electives that pique their interests, yet all courses are designed to engage students by helping them understand how the content is relevant to their own goals.
- TKA offers college prep, honors, AP, and dual enrollment courses to ensure all students have an appropriate balance of support and challenge.
- The capstone project for TKA seniors integrates students’ skills across multiple academic disciplines as each senior writes a senior thesis, plans a senior experience, and formally presents the results of the project.
- Throughout the senior projects, students utilize technology and human resources as they critically evaluate and analyze conflicting viewpoints, work closely with experts related to their projects, reflect upon real world experiences, and defend their conclusions.
- The senior project is one of the many ways TKA challenges students to apply skills taught in the classroom as they work toward their individual goals and prepare for successful futures.