The Arts at TKA
We believe that God is the ultimate creator and that we are created in His image. As such, we each are a creator–perhaps a painter, a poet, a musician, a scientist, etc. The King’s Academy offers opportunities for each student to discover the creator within and engage their talents in fine arts, language, athletics, and other disciplines.
TKA Fine Arts Courses
Art, Advanced Art I, II, III (results in portfolio), Choir, Orchestra, Drama, and Photography. For complete course descriptions please see The King’s Academy Online Student Handbook here.
TKA Awards for Students in the Arts
Art Department Awards Medals are given to the students with the highest academic averages in each subject. Certificates may be awarded for outstanding effort, most improved, etc.
Ersa N. Davis Awards are given to two outstanding three-year music students (one choir student and one orchestra student) who have maintained an A average in music and a B average overall.
Peggy DeHart Dean Music Awards are given to the most improved choir student and the most improved orchestra student.
ACSI Distinguished High School Student Awards are presented to all juniors and seniors recommended by faculty based on a distinguished Christian testimony and excellence in Academics, Leadership, Fine Arts, Athletics, or Christian Service.
Arts Competition Awards Won by TKA Students, 2010-2011 School Year
- Sevier County Annual Student Art Show – 1st Place Multi Media, 1st Place Painting/Drawing, Honorable Mention Painting/Drawing
- East Tennessee Regional Student Art Exhibition – Honorable Mention
- Roane State Community College Academic Festival – 2nd Place Instrumental Ensemble, 3rd Place Classical Vocal Solo
- Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools – Musician Finalist
- Association of Christian Schools Distinguished High School Student Award – 19 Juniors & Seniors (well over 1/4 of the two classes)
- Presidential Educational Excellence Award – 11 Seniors (1/3 of the senior class)