What distinguishes The King’s Academy from other schools? It is a challenge to single out any one or two features of such a unique school as being the signature programs. Perhaps the answer to the question is simply what most distinguishes The King’s Academy are its well-rounded, balanced experiences offered to its students.
If pressed to identify the academy’s strong points, many people would cite the following:
- Emphasis on a biblical worldview and integration of a Christian perspective in all programs and activities,
- Remarkable diversity in the student body,
- The blend of small school, family atmosphere with high expectations for student achievement and conduct, and
- The development of long-lasting interpersonal relationships.
In addition, emphasis in recent years has been placed in the following areas:
- The TKA Learning Center offers educational therapy to help students strengthen cognitive and perceptual skills under the auspices of the National Institute of Learning Development.
- KING’S Online allows students anywhere in the world to take accredited middle school and high school coursework.
- The King’s Academy Home School Umbrella Program provides academic counsel and support to parents who wish to teach their children at home.
- TKA upper school students may take advanced courses for college credit.
- TKA students consistently perform well in academic, fine arts, and athletic competitions with students and teams from much larger schools.
- The ECO Classroom (Experiential Curriculum for the Outdoor Classroom) is an integrated program that involves the learning of outdoor skills in an interdisciplinary curriculum. Students develop an appreciation for God’s creation, self confidence and teamwork while learning outdoor skills such as rappelling, climbing, hiking, backpacking, camping, and canoeing.