The King’s Academy seeks to provide spiritual growth and academic empowerment for promising students. Our students come from around the globe—an average of 17 countries are represented—and they leave profoundly changed by the welcoming culture that we call “family.”
Information of Interest
Gummy Bears Generate $3,479 for TKA Athletics
- September 11, 2014
- Posted by: Jerry Atchley
- Category: Athletics
The King’s Academy’s Candy Guess Game fundraiser was a success for the second consecutive year, generating $3,479.26 for the TKA athletic program. The Lion’s Pride, TKA’s athletic booster organization, invited participants to guess how many gummy bears were in a jar for a chance to win three prizes. There were 387 guesses.
Lion’s Pride parent leader Jimbo Thornton said the activity far exceeded the $2,500 goal he challenged the TKA family with on orientation day. “This goes to show you how much the community and TKA families love this school. The support really is amazing if you think about it. We are very blessed.”
Grand prize winner Jordan Gunter received two UT football season tickets for his winning guess of 667 gummy bears in the jar. Second place finisher Connor Baizan won a pair of Oakley sunglasses. Kent Jones was the third place winner and took home the jar of 663 gummy bears.
- TKA Student Art Selected for Sevier County Art Show on
- TKA Students Finish Strong at Science Olympiad Competition on
- Kaiyi Jiang Named Finalist for the Dongrun-Yao Science Award on
- Weeds or Grass: Principles from the Principal on
- Around the World and Home Again – TKA Alumni Share Global Experiences with Current Elementary Students on