The King’s Academy seeks to provide spiritual growth and academic empowerment for promising students. Our students come from around the globe—an average of 17 countries are represented—and they leave profoundly changed by the welcoming culture that we call “family.”
Academic programs are designed to establish a foundation on which students will build throughout their lives. Students are encouraged to work with the Guidance Counselor to choose electives that pique their interests, yet all courses are designed to engage students by helping them understand how the content is relevant to their own goals.
TKA offers college prep, honors, AP, and dual enrollment courses to ensure all students have an appropriate balance of support and challenge.
As a school built on faith and community, service opportunities are built into the fabric of our day-to-day lives. Class trips and half-days often dedicate a majority of the schedule to helping at food pantries, sorting clothes at a mission, or playing soccer with students at a Guatemalan primary school. We maintain that students become servants to their home, church, and community by making it a regular practice–and students appreciate the platform to change their world through modeling the perfect servant: Christ.
How many TKA graduates attend universities?
+95% of TKA graduates pursue college or university studies.
What universities do TKA graduates attend?
Each year, The King’s Academy graduates are accepted to top universities and colleges across the United States. On average, over 95% of graduating seniors attend colleges and universities.
The King’s Academy graduates have attended the following colleges and universities between 2011 and 2015.
- Anderson University
- Arizona State University
- Auburn University
- Azusa Pacific University
- Baylor University
- Belmont College
- Berry College
- Boston College
- Brevard College
- California Baptist University
- California State University
- Carson-Newman University
- Clemson University
- Coastal Carolina University
- DePaul University
- East Tennessee State University
- Fordham University
- Full Sail University
- Georgia Technological University
- Indiana University, Bloomington
- Johnson University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Lee University
- Liberty University
- Lincoln Memorial University
- Maryville College
- Memphis School of Art
- Michigan State University
- Middle Tennessee State University
- Northwestern University
- Ohio State University
- Pellissippi State Community College
- Pennsylvania State University
- Philadelphia Baptist University
- Purdue University
- Roane State Community College
- Rutgers University
- Savannah College of Art and Design
- San Francisco State University
- State University of New York
- Syracuse University
- Tennessee Technological University
- Tennessee Wesleyan College
- The Citadel
- Tusculum College
- Union University
- University of Arizona
- University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- University of Mississippi,
- University of Missouri, Columbia
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- University of Oregon, Eugene
- University of South Carolina
- University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- University of Texas, Austin
- University of Washington, Seattle
- University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Virginia Military Institute
- Walters State Community College
- Washington State University
- Western Carolina University
What percentage of TKA graduates receive scholarships to universities?
Over the last 5 years, an average of 61% of TKA seniors have received scholarships to universities.
What is the student-teacher ratio at TKA?
Average student-teacher ratio is 12-1.
Is The King’s Academy accredited?
Yes. TKA is accredited by SACS/AdvancED.
What is the average GPA of graduating seniors?
The average GPA for TKA graduating seniors is 3.46 (Average over the past 5 years.)
Tell me about TKA’s standardized testing.
Each spring, grades 1-8 take the TerraNova tests. Students in grades eight through ten take the Pre-ACT exam. Students in grades eight through eleven take P-SAT. Students in grades eleven and twelve take the ACT and/or SAT. International students take the TOEFL when they make application to universities.
How well do TKA students perform on standardized tests given to grades K-8?
TKA students consistently perform above the state and national average in every subject and every grade level. Click here to see 2012-2014 Terra Nova scores.
How many students are in the high school?
178 high school students are currently enrolled (9/2018).
How many of the students are boarding students?
34 boarding students are currently enrolled (9/2018).
Will my child be tested when applying for admission to TKA?
Yes. All students are tested as part of the application process.
International students will tested once they arrive on campus to start school.
How many students attend TKA?
428 students are currently enrolled (9/2018).